Saturday, June 14, 2008

That Hurts, Part 5

"I don’t know if we have the luxury of waiting two to three months for someone to kick in because we can’t let this league or this division get away from us." -J.P. Riccardi

Days since Frank Thomas was released : 56

Blue Jays' record since Frank Thomas last appeared in their lineup : 27-25

Number of times Blue Jays have scored more than 5 runs : 11 in 51 games

Frank Thomas's batting line since his release : .319/.417/.516 (OPS+ 164), same as it was last update. Right quadriceps tendinitis has kept him out since May 28 and for at least a few more weeks.

Shannon Stewart's batting line since Thomas's release : .241/321/.305

Stew's on a 2-for-27 kick after his three hits in the 12-0 game. Wilkerson's OPS+ of 83 is the highest among himself, Mench, and Stewart. The Jays scored six runs in three games against the league's worst team.

1 comment:

Dave Till said...

I don't miss Thomas that much now. When a player injures himself for several weeks after trying to stretch a double into a double, I don't think he's going to push his team towards a championship.

I haven't been watching the games lately, as I want to improve my mental health. I did notice, in today's box score, that Reed Johnson hit a 3-run home run off Roy Halladay today. Ouch.

Perhaps the Jays need to change their management just to change their luck.